PRESHUTE PARISH COUNCIL 5 - 2021/22
Minutes of the PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on the 17th January
2022 at 6.30pm at Kennet Valley Hall, Lockeridge.
Present: Cllr P Morgan (Chair), Cllr S Mills, Cllr I Wroth
& Cllr H Wroth.
In attendance: Mrs S Roberts (Clerk).
56. To receive apologies for absence
• Apologies were received and approved
for Cllr J Clark, Cllr J Penn & Unitary Cllr J Davies.
57. To receive declarations of interests
58. Items to be taken in private session
59. Minutes of the previous meetings
• The minutes of the meeting held on
15th November 2021 were approved unanimously and signed as a true
60. Clerk’s Report
• The Clerk outlined the process for
co-opting a new councillor in an election year. It was
agreed not to ask Wiltshire Council for permission to co-opt
unless the Council receives an expression of interest in becomimg
61. Report from Unitary Councillor Jane Davies
• Dog Bin at West Manton – following a site
visit with the Clerk, Cllr Simon Mills and the owner of the field
a dog bin has now been provided at this location. The Clerk
has already received favourable comments about the bin from local
• Website – progress has been slow to date but
the Clerk hopes to have more time to work on this now the
Christmas holidays are over. Cllr P Morgan advised the
current live website is due for renewal in July. Therefore the new
website needs to be live by the end of June.
62. Rights of Way
• Preshute 22 – signage warning users
about the proximity of the road are now in place. No more
safety measures are expected to be implemented at this location.
• Signage – Cllr S Mills is still in the process
of assessing the status of the footpath and signage.
• The West of Marlborough Traffic
Group met at Avebury Manor with Danny Kruger MP and other agencies
to discuss the wider issue of traffic on the A4 and to push for
the 50mph to be extended to cover the entire length between
Beckhampton and Marlborough. Wiltshire Council made no
commitment to this proposal. Discussions took place about
the closing of the Ridgeway to four wheel drive vehicles,
preliminary discussions were encouraging.
64. Emergency Response
• Frees Avenue – Preshute had requested the
proposals to reduce traffic speeds to be extended further from the
Marlborough boundary into the Preshute stretch but this has not
been forthcoming. It was suggested a combined approach with
Ogbourne St Andrew to include the Rockley may have more impact.
• Flood prevention at Clatford – water still
continues to pool outside the bus shelter and on the road to the
A4 during heavy rainfall causing dangerous driving
conditions. The problem appears to come from run off from
West Woods. The grips are not designed to cope with this
amount of rainfall and regularly become blocked. The
solution to aleviate the flooding appears to be to dig a ditch to
take the water to the river. Martin Cook from Wiltshire
Council looked at the area about 5 years ago but no action was
taken at this time. The Clerk agreed to write to him and see
what can be done. Action Clerk
• Nothing to report apart from the
flooding at Clatford Crossroads.
65. Marlborough Area Board
• Cllr S Mills provided a verbal
update on the 11th January meeting. He highlighted the
report given by the new Police and Crime Commissioner who is
looking at increasing the numbers of police in the community and
collaborating with Community Speed-watch to identify areas with
speeding problems and work with them to prosecute offenders.
• The next meeting is on 22nd March at the
Marlborough Town Hall. Cllr John Clark to be asked if he can
The Council adopted the following new policies:
• Lone Workers
• Health & Safety
• Procedure for Co-option
• Prospective councillor application form
Cllr S Mills proposed, Cllr H Wroth seconded.
The accounts for the year to January 2022:
Balance carried forward from last year:
Total receipts for the year to January 2022:
Total payments for the year to January 2022:
The available (cash book) balance on 17 Jan 2022:
The Council approved payments of outstanding cheques:
200032 S Roberts – Salary Dec-Jan
200033 S Roberts – NP Admin Nov-Dec
200034 S Roberts – expenses Dec– Jan 2022
200035 Idverde- new bin at West
200036 Friends of the Ridgeway
200037 NetWiseUK – Annual host &
• BACS – Cllr P Morgan and Cllr I Wroth have
authority from Barclays to authorise BACS payments & Cllr S
Mills is awaiting further paperwork from Barclays.
• Donations requests were considered and agreed
for Marlborough Area Poverty Action Group and the Marlborough Link
for £100 each.
Cllr P Morgan proposed, Cllr S Mills seconded.
• It was noted the Council had previously agreed
a donation to Preshute Primary School for the upgrade to their
play facilities, the exact amount will be determined at the end of
the financial year.
• The Clerk advised that both of the
outstanding applications have yet to be determined.
69. Neighbourhood Plan (NPWG)
• Fyfield Down – the new interpretation display
boards due to be provided in September have still not materialised
and there was some suggestion that part of the land may be about
to change ownership.
• Cllr P Morgan provided an update on
the status of the Plan which is now ready to go to the Regulation
14 Consultation in early February. All councillors had been
provided with the minutes of the last NPWG meeting, the latest
version of the Draft Neighbourhood Plan and Regulation 14 leaflet
ahead of the meeting for consideration.
70. Covid Copse
• The Parish Council approved the pre-submission
Draft Preshute Neighbourhood Plan and Draft Regulation 14 leaflet.
Cllr S Mills proposed, Cllr H Wroth seconded.
• The Working Group have not met.
71. Agenda items for the next meeting
• The owner of the field at West Manton has
expressed an interest in some planting of trees or hedges.
The council agreed hedging may not be suitable and Cllr S Mills
agreed to discuss further with the owner about trees. Action
Cllr S Mills.
• A single tree planting with a plaque to mark
the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee was proposed. Two possible
locations were discussed. Cllr S Mills and Cllr I Wroth
agreed to explore the options and speak to the landowners.
Action Cllr S Mills & Cllr I Wroth.
• Covid Copse
• Neighbourhood Plan
• Signage and Stiles
• Parish Council newsletter
• Platinum Jubilee Tree Planting
The meeting closed at 8.45pm.
This is the last page of the minutes.
The next full council meeting is arranged for Monday 21st March
2022 at 7pm at
Kennet Valley Hall – Lockeridge.