PRESHUTE PARISH COUNCIL 4 - 2021/22
Minutes of the PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
held on the 15th November 2021 at 6.30pm at Kennet Valley Hall,
Present: Cllr P Morgan (Chair), Cllr S Mills, Cllr I Wroth,
Cllr H Wroth & Cllr J Penn.
In attendance: Mrs S Roberts (Clerk), Unitary Cllr Jane Davies
& N Goodwin.
41. To receive apologies for absence
• Apologies were received and approved
for Cllr J Clark.
42. To receive declarations of interests
• All Councillors declared a non
prejudicial interest in the setting of the Precept.
43. Items to be taken in private session
44. Minutes of the previous meetings
• The minutes of the meeting held on
27th September 2021 were approved unanimously and signed as a true
45. Clerk’s Report
• Website – progress is slow due to
having to accessibility check all the documents and unfortunately
having to take time out due to Covid. A productive meeting
was held with Mrs Morgan who was able to give some advice on how
to speed up the process and also alter the existing website
content to make it easier to read and transfer.
46. Report from Unitary Councillor Jane Davies
Unitary Councillor Jane Davies reported the gate at the
Ridgeway is now firmly locked. Cllr P Morgan provided a
brief update on the status of the Draft Neighbourhood Plan and
Unitary Cllr Jane Davies and Mr N Goodwin left the meeting.
47. Rights of Way
• The field between Manton and
Clatford is being regularly used by dog walkers who do not stick
to the footpath and do not always pick up after their dogs, the
owner of the field has agreed to have a dedicated dog bin at the
location. A site meeting between the owner, Idverde, Cllr S
Mills and the Clerk to be arranged to progress. Action
• Preshute 22 – Safety measures to warn users
about the proximity of the road have been approved by CATG,
further information is now awaited from Steve Leonard before the
project can progress further. Action S Mills
• Signage – Cllr S Mills advised he hopes to
have finished assessing the status of the footpath and signage
early in the new year. The Council agreed to discuss this
item at the January meeting. Action Clerk
• Cllr P Morgan advised the West of
Marlborough Traffic Group meeting with Danny Kruger MP and other
agencies to discuss the wider issue of traffic on the A4 and to
push for the 50mph to be extended to cover the entire length
between Beckhampton and Marlborough would be taking place in 2
49. Emergency Response
• Frees Avenue – Preshute have acknowledged
their support to Marlborough on the proposals to reduce traffic
speeds and have asked for consideration to be given to extending
these measures further into the Preshute stretch.
• Cllr H Wroth agreed to be the
representative for Emergency Response.
• The Council briefly discussed the burst water
main at Clatford.
The Council adopted the following new policies:
• Complaints Procedure
• Filming, Photography, Audio Recording &
Social Media Policy
• Email Policy
• Communications Protocol
Cllr H Wroth proposed, Cllr I Wroth seconded.
The accounts for the year to November 2021:
Balance carried forward from last year:
Total receipts for the year to November 2021:
Total payments for the year to November 2021:
The available (cash book) balance on 15 Nov 2021:
The Council approved payments of retrospective cheques:
200028 S Roberts – NP Admin June-Aug 2021-
The Council approved payments of outstanding cheques:
200029 S Roberts – Salary Oct-Nov
200030 S Roberts – NP Admin Sept-Oct
200031 S Roberts – expenses Oct–Nov
• BACS – Cllr P Morgan has received authority
from Barclays to authorise BACS payments & Cllr S Mills is
awaiting further paperwork from Barclays.
• The Council reviewed the current spending
against the Budget for 2021/22 which is in line with expectations
and within Budget.
• Funding requests for 2022/23 were considered
including a provision for Covid Copse and bin emptying for the
proposed new bin at West Manton and provision of new stiles.
• The Council considered the Budget for
2022/23. It was noted the ongoing general annual expenditure
for Preshute exceeded the current level of Precept received.
The Council considered the Tax Base and agreed given Preshute hold
some reserves to increase the Precept by a modest 3 %. The
Council resolved to set the Precept at £4117.38. Cllr P
Morgan proposed, Cllr J Penn seconded.
• It was noted the Council had previously agreed
a donation to Preshute Primary School for the upgrade to their
play facilities. It was agreed an email should be sent to
the Head to find out timescales for the upgrade. Action
Clerk & Cllr P Morgan
• The Council reviewed the following
53. Neighbourhood Plan (NPWG)
PL/2021/09953 – Stable Cottage, Frees Avenue, Rockley, SN8 1RT -
Householder Planning Permission – single storey timber orangery.
The Council raised no objection to the application.
• Fyfield Down – the removal of the Nature
Reserve status is most disappointing, and the Council is
frustrated at receiving no prior communications from Natural
England, however, it is noted much of the area is still designated
as a Site of Specific Scientific Interest and a Scheduled
Monument. We have been advised the current owner has
committed to continue good management via a Countryside
Stewardship Agreement. It was noted new interpretation
display boards were due to be provided in September, as yet these
have not materialised.
• Following receipt of the comments
from the Wiltshire Council Link Officer and ammendments made the
draft has been shared with other Key Agencies.
54. Covid Copse
• The Working Group are expected to
have their first meeting in January 2022.
55. Agenda items for the next meeting
• Covid Copse
• Neighbourhood Plan – approve draft
• Signage and Stiles
The meeting closed at 8.30pm.
This is the last page of the minutes.
The next full council meeting is arranged for
Monday 17th January 2021 at 6.30 pm at
Kennet Valley Hall – Lockeridge.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -