PRESHUTE PARISH COUNCIL 5 - 2020/21
Minutes of the PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on the 26th
January 2021 at 7.30pm remotely through Zoom.
Present: Cllr P Morgan (Chair), Cllr I Wroth, Cllr
S Mills & Cllr J Penn.
In attendance: Mrs S Roberts (Clerk) and Mr John Clark.
Public Participation – None.
46. To receive apologies for absence
• Cllr H Wroth sent apologies.
47. To receive declarations of interests
48. Items to be taken in private session
49. Minutes of the previous meetings
• The minutes of the meetings held on
9th November 2020 and the Extraordinary General Meeting of the
Council held on 9th December were approved and will be signed at
the next available opportunity as a true record. (Cllr I
Wroth proposed, Cllr J Penn seconded)
John Clark was Co-opted onto the Council and will sign a
Declaration of Acceptance of Office after the meeting. (Cllr
P Morgan proposed, Cllr S Mills seconded)
51. Clerk’s Report
• Parish notice board – This is due to
be replaced in February.
• Dog bins – the decision by the Forestry
Commission to request smaller bins is proving contentious.
The smaller bins are likely to get full quickly and have a lid on
the top which requires opening. It was agreed at this time
it would not be advisable to install a bin which requires
handling. The Clerk has agreed to look at other options and report
back at the next meeting. Action Clerk
• Census – this is due to start on Sunday 21st
March 2021. Information and a toolkit had been circulated to
all councillors. The Councils main role in the Census is to
publicise it, encourage completion and signpost parishioners where
to get help if needed. It was agreed to publicise on the
website and the noticeboard. Action Clerk
• Local Council Elections – these are due to
take place on May 6th 2021. Guidance on canvassing has been
circulated to all councillors and the Clerk will distribute more
information as and when it becomes available. Action Clerk.
The Clerk recently attended a short SLCC course which covered the
main aspects of the election process and legal implications.
• There have been no requests for
support from the Parish Council during the current period of
Lockdown. The telephone help number is still advertised on
the website and the noticeboard, help will still be available if
requested. It was agreed to add a list of general helplines
to the noticeboard and the website. Action Clerk
53. Covid Copse
• The Working Group decided the copse
discussions would work better if they formed part of the
Neighbourhood Plan and could also be timed to coincide with the
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. The Council agreed this was the
The accounts for the year to January 2021:
Balance carried forward from last year:
Total receipts for the year to January 2021:
Total payments for the year to January 2021:
The available (cash book) balance at 26 Jan 2021:
• The Clerk has applied to the HMRC for a VAT
• Donations to the Marlborough Area Poverty
Action Group, Marlborough Kids Meals and Marlborough Riding for
the Disabled were agreed at £100 each. The Council also
agreed to annual subscriptions to Friends of the Ridgeway and
Action for the River Kennet. (Cllr J Penn proposed and Cllr
J Clark seconded). It was agreed to discuss the donation to
Preshute School at the next meeting.
• Website – the Clerk has received 2 quotations
for a new website. It was agreed to approve the quotation
from NetWise who have an established track record for providing
Parish Council websites using a template format. The cost to
the Council would be £599 plus £300 per annum for support and
maintenance. (Cllr S Mills proposed, Cllr J Clark seconded).
• Neighbourhood Planning printing costs – the
Council approved £100 for this financial year.
• Neighbourhood Planning – the Council
considered a proposal from a local Landscape Architect to assist
in the preparation of the Plan. All councillors agreed it
represented good value for money and subject to the receipt of an
additional quotation for comparison and funding from the Locality
Grant it was resolved to accept the quotation. (Cllr J Clark
proposed, Cllr S Mills seconded).
• The following cheques were approved:
100539 S Roberts – Clerk’s
salary December 2020 – January 2021
100540 S Roberts – Clerk’s
expenses December 2020 – January 2021
100541 SLCC – Membership fees
(shared with KVPC)
100542 SLCC – Committee &
• The Council have objected to an
application for a new access road and weighbridge to a grain store
at the top of Downs Lane at Manton Hollow. A decision by
Wiltshire Council on its approval has not yet been reached.
• Webinar – Cllr P Morgan attended a webinar on
the 25th February 2021 about the Draft Local Plan. It was
noted the land at Barton Dene was still being proposed as a site
available for housing despite Preshute having withdrawn from the
Marlborough Area Neighbourhood Plan.
• Wiltshire Council Draft Local Plan – all
councillors have received a draft of a response to be submitted to
Wiltshire Council from Preshute Parish Council on the proposed
Local Plan. It was agreed to discuss this in more detail at
an EGM to be held on Tuesday 23rd February 2021 at 7.30pm.
56. Neighbourhood Plan
• The Preshute Neighbourhood Plan has
now been officially registered and a Wiltshire Council Link
Officer assigned. It was noted the minutes of all the
meetings need to be sent to the Link Officer.
• The Working Group anticipate the need to meet
twice a month for the foreeable future.
• A leaflet and questionnaire is currently being
designed to be distributed to all residents of the Parish and
relevent organisations. Full minutes have been distributed
to all councillors and a copy of the leaflet and questionnaire
will follow once completed for final consideration.
• A meeting had taken place with Wootton Rivers
Parish Council who have recently completed their Neighbourhood
Plan who were able to provide advice and information to assist the
• It was agreed additional sources of funding
should be sought incase the Locality Funding Grant was either
insufficient or unavailable. Action S Mills & Clerk
57. Rights of Way
• Flooding on the road at Clatford –
Cllr I Wroth provided an update. The new owners of the house
adjacent to the road where the flooding has occurred have agreed
to dig a trench to aleviate the problem.
58. Agenda items for the next meeting
• The Stile on Preshute 18 opposite West Woods
has now been improved following conversations with Wiltshire
Council and some imput from the Ramblers.
• The stiles on Preshute 27 near Barton Farm and
the Rockley Road still require improvements. The issue has
been reported to Wiltshire Council and it is hoped it will be
• It was noted their may be funding available to
change some of the stiles for more accessible gates. The
Clerk agreed to contact Mildenhall Parish Council who have
recently replaced several of their stiles. Action Clerk
• Local Council Elections
• Annual Meeting & Annual Parish Meeting
• Community Governance & Boundary Review
The meeting closed at 9.30pm.
This is the last page of the minutes.
The next full council meeting is arranged for Tuesday 22nd March
2021 at 7.30 pm and will be held remotely by Zoom.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -