PRESHUTE PARISH COUNCIL 1 - 2021/22  

Minutes of the ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on the 17th May 2021 at 7.30pm
at 12 Manton Hollow, Marlborough SN8 1RR.


Present:  Cllr P Morgan (Chair), Cllr S Mills, Cllr I Wroth, Cllr J Penn & Cllr J Clark.
In attendance:  Mrs S Roberts (Clerk) and Unitary Cllr J Davies.

Cllr Peter Morgan opened the meeting and thanked Cllr Joy Penn for kindly taking all the election forms to the Wiltshire Council Offices in Chippenham.

1.    Election of Chair
•    Cllr Peter Morgan was elected as Chair. Cllr S Mills proposed, Cllr I Wroth seconded.

2.    To receive apologies for absence
•    Cllr H Wroth sent apologies.

3.    Declarations of Acceptance of Office
•    All councillors were reminded of the requirement to register their disclosable pecuniary interests and (if applicable) those of their spouse/civil partner/person with whom they are co-habiting as if they were their spouse or civil partner.  This must take place within 28 days of the member’s appointment.  The Clerk agreed to email details of how to do this to all councillors.  Action Clerk
•    All councillors signed a Declaration of Acceptance of Office in the presence of the Proper Officer, it was agreed H Wroth could sign his at the June meeting.  Action H Wroth
4.    To receive declarations of interests
•    None
5.    Election of Vice Chair
•    Cllr S Mills was elected as Vice Chair.  Cllr I Wroth proposed, Cllr P Morgan seconded.
6.    Appointments to other positions:
•    Planning Committee:             Cllr J Clark – Chair (I Wroth proposed, J Penn seconded) & all Councillors
•    Rights of Way:                Cllr S Mills
•    Traffic/Police:                Cllr P Morgan
•    Community Emergency:            Vacancy
•    Communications/Press:            Vacancy
•    Neighbourhood Plan Working Group:    Cllr P Morgan (Chair), Cllr S Mills, Cllr J Clark & I Mellor.
•    Marlborough Area Board:            Cllrs agreed to rotate.
7.    Clerk’s Report
•    Local Council Elections
All Councillors are reminded to return Election Expenses forms to the Monitoring Office even if the amount is zero, this is a legal requirement.  Action Whole PC

•    Training
The Clerk has now completed the ILCA training and will start the ‘From ILCA to CILCA’ in June.
•    Annual Parish Meeting
The Bill (Coronavirus Bill) which enabled the Council to hold virtual meetings expired at midnight on May 6th 2021.  Although it had been hoped due to the wording of the Act the Council may have been able to continue with remote meetings for a little longer a recent High Court Ruling states that all meetings must be held at a physical location and in person.  The Clerk has suggested holding the Annual Parish Meeting very briefly before the Ordinary meeting of the Council on June 30th 2021.  All councillors were in favour of this approach.
 
8.    Minutes of the previous meetings
•    The minutes of the meetings held on 22nd March 2021 virtually on Zoom was approved unanimously and signed as a true record. 
9.    Traffic
•    A site meeting has taken place with Wiltshire Council Highways to discuss the safety barrier request for Bridleway PRES12 at the junction of the A4 (Bath Road).  It was noted a safety barrier was not an option as the path is a bridleway and not a footpath but clear signage warning of the road and further signage on the A4 warning of the bridleway have been agreed.  The possibility of  a change in the surface nearing the end of the bridleway was discussed as well as speed bumps.  The councillors were all in agreement the signage would be helpful but concerns were expressed over the use of speed bumps for horses using the track and it was felt this would not be appropriate.    
•    The conifer trees on the A4 opposite the Clatford turning will be removed in September.  A discussion has taken place about replacement trees which the residents would fully support, this will need the final approval from Wiltshire Council once agreed.
10.    Rights of Way
•    The field between Manton and Clatford is being regularly used by dog walkers who do not stick to the footpath and do not always pick up after their dogs, not helped by the absence of footpath signage and a stile or gate.  Cllr S Mills has corrersponded with Wiltshire Council who are happy to provide the signage but it is the responsibility of the landowner to install the stile or gate.  If the Parish Council would like dog waste bins they can provide these at their own expense and arrange for emptying provided they have the landowners permission.
The Councillors discussed the idea of having the footpath diverted but this would need to be instigated by the owner of the field.  Cllr S Mills agreed to talk to the owner of the field about the various suggestions and to request the gate or stile.   Action Cllr S Mills
11.    Neighbourhood Plan (NPWG)
•    Cllr S Mills gave a brief update on the Neighbourhood Plan.  The Travelling Draft is progressing and the next stage is to receive the mapping from Cunnane.  Cllr I Wroth requested a copy of the analysis of the questionnaires, Cllr S Mills agreed to circulate this.  Action S Mills
12.    Annual Parish Meeting
•    This will take place just before the next Parish Council Meeting on 30th June 2021.  The Chair will provide a short review of the year and then the meeting will be closed and the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting opened.
13.    Finance
•    The accounts for the year to March 2021:
Balance carried forward from last year:                £14485.58
Total receipts for the year to March 2021:                £5672.57
Total payments for the year to March 2021:                £7764.65

The available (cash book) balance at 22 March 2021:        £12393.50

•    The Clerk circulated a copy of the accounts ahead of the meeting for review by the council members.
•    All councillors were reminded of their need to inform the Monitoring Office of any gifts over £25.
•    The Clerk confirmed she did not expect he annual income to be above the current tax threshold for PAYE.
•    The Clerk’s incremental pay rise was approved, this is an increase of 26p per hour.
•    Cllr P Morgan agreed to accompany the Clerk to the bank to discuss the changeover to BACS.

•    The following retrospective cheque was approved:

200015    WALC – Membership 2021/22            £58.03
•    The following cheques were approved and signed:
200016    Cunnane Town Planning – NP            £1200.00
200017    S Roberts  – Salary Apr-May 2021            £458.99
200018    S Roberts – NP Admin March – April 2021        £163.29    
200019    S Roberts – expenses Apr – May 2021        £46.01    
200019    S Roberts – Zoom subscription 50% with KVPC     £71.94   
14.    Agenda items for the next meeting
•    Representatives – Communications/Press & Emergency Response
•    Declaration of Acceptance of Office
•    Year End Accounts & AGAR
•    Risk Assesment & Asset Register
•    Community Governance Review
•    Approve revised Terms of Reference for Neighbourhood Plan
•    
Website
The meeting closed at 8.50pm.                    This is the last page of the minutes.
PLEASE NOTE

The next full council meeting is arranged for Wednesday 30th June 2021 at 7.30 pm at
Manton Village Hall