PRESHUTE PARISH COUNCIL 1 - 2022/23
Minutes of the ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on the
23rd May 2022 at 7.45pm at the Kennet Valley Hall, Lockeridge.
Present: Cllr P Morgan (Chair), Cllr S Mills, Cllr I Wroth,
Cllr H Wroth, Cllr J Penn & Cllr J Clark.
In attendance: Miss S Roberts (Clerk).
Cllr Peter Morgan opened the meeting.
1. Election of Chair
• Cllr Peter Morgan was elected as
Chair. Cllr S Mills proposed, Cllr J Penn seconded.
2. To receive apologies for absence
• Unitary Cllr Jane Davies sent
3. Declarations of Acceptance of Office
• All councillors were reminded of the
requirement to register their disclosable pecuniary interests and
(if applicable) those of their spouse/civil partner/person with
whom they are co-habiting as if they were their spouse or civil
partner. This must take place within 28 days of the member’s
4. To receive declarations of interests
• Cllr Peter Morgan signed a Declaration of
Acceptance of Office in the presence of the Proper Officer.
5. Election of Vice Chair
• Cllr S Mills was elected as Vice
Chair. Cllr I Wroth proposed, Cllr J Penn seconded.
6. Appointments to other positions:
• Planning Committee:
7. Clerk’s Report
• Rights of Way:
Cllr S Mills
Cllr I Wroth
• Community Emergency:
Cllr H Wroth
Cllr P Morgan
• Neighbourhood Plan Working Group:
Cllr P Morgan (Chair), Cllr S Mills, Cllr J Clark & I
• Marlborough Area Board:
Cllrs agreed to
8. Minutes of the previous meetings
The website is almost ready to go live, and
councillors were requested to review the website and provide
feedback to the Clerk along with a short introductory piece
about themselves to go in the councillor section.
This now has a larger budget and incorporates Rights
• The minutes of the meetings held on
21st March 2022 and the Extraordinary Parish Council meeting held
on 11th May 2022 were approved unanimously and signed as a true
• Flooding at Clatford – a site
meeting needs to be arranged between Martin Cook from Wiltshire
Council Highways, one Councillor and the owner of the property in
Clatford on whose land a ditch needs may be required. Action
Cllr I Wroth
10. Rights of Way
• Cllr Peter Morgan kindly submitted a response
to the Forestry Commission consultation on the introduction of
parking charges at Savernake Forest.
• The electronic mapping of the Parish
footpaths is going well and an update will be provided at the next
meeting. Action Cllr S Mills
• Preshute 32- following a complaint about
overhanging branches the Council agreed as it is currently nesting
season and it is possible to walk round the branches no action
could be taken, but the situation would be reviewed again in
• The website is due to go live by the
end of June. Action Clerk
12. Neighbourhood Plan (NPWG) & Covid Copse
• Cllr P Morgan gave a brief update on
the Neighbourhood Plan. The Regulation 15 paperwork has been
completed and sent to Wiltshire Council and a meeting arranged
with the Link Officer and Michael Kilmister from Wiltshire Council
to discuss the Regulation 15 submission. The Plan is
currently ahead of schedule.
• Covid Copse – the group need to meet to
discuss locations with landowners.
• The accounts for the year to March
Balance carried forward from last year:
Total receipts for the year to March 2022:
Total payments for the year to March 2022:
The available (cash book) balance at YE March 2022:
• The Clerk circulated a copy of the accounts
ahead of the meeting for review by the council members.
• All councillors were reminded of their need to
inform the Monitoring Office of any gifts over £25.
• The Clerk confirmed she did not expect her
annual income to be above the current tax threshold for PAYE.
• The Clerk will shortly be submitting the
accounts to the internal auditor, Graham Kitchen. The
Council will need to hold an EGM at the end of June to approve the
• The following retrospective cheque was
200048 Kennet Valley Hall – room
200049 CATG – contribution to
200051 S Roberts – Salary April 2022
200051 S Roberts – NP Back pay 2021/22
200052 Preshute Primary – School Bell
• The following cheques were approved and signed:
200053 S Roberts – salary May 2022
200053 S Roberts – NP admin March/April 2022
200054 S Roberts – expenses Apr/May 2022
200055 WALC – Membership 2022/23
200056 ARK – subscription 2022 –
14. Agenda items for the next meeting
• Year End Accounts & AGAR
• Risk Assesment & Asset Register
• Donation requests
• Jubilee Tree
The meeting closed at 8.45pm.
This is the last page of the minutes.
The date of the next full council meeting is to be confirmed.