PRESHUTE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
Minutes of the Preshute Neighbourhood Plan Working Group meeting held on Tuesday 6th April 2021 at 7pm remotely through Zoom.
Meeting 1 - 2021/22

Present:  Cllr Simon Mills, Ian Mellor and Cllr John Clark.
In attendance:  Sophie Roberts (Clerk)                Apologies:  Cllr Peter Morgan
In the absence of Cllr Peter Morgan, Cllr Simon Mills agreed to Chair the meeting.

NP.1.    Minutes
The minutes of the meeting on 15th March 2021 were approved as a true record and will be signed at the next available opportunity.
NP.2.    Stakeholders
Letters have now gone out to the agencies and most of the known landowners have been sent a copy of the leaflet and questionnaire.
The Parish Council has joined CPRE as a member.
A letter has been written to the NWD AONB clarifying the current availability of brownfield land in Marlborough and questioning given the current level of land available whether it is either appropriate or necessary to consider greenfield AONB land on the fringes of Marlborough. A copy of our submission to Wiltshire Council on the Draft Local Plan has been included and a request for a copy of theirs.
The Group discussed the responses received to date from the agencies.  Many of them referred to useful guidance documents and were not able to directly help with the Plan.  It was agreed that some of these documents could form part of an Appendix at the end of the Plan, in particular Wiltshire Wildlife and the Department of Environment.  It was agreed both these policies should be sent to Cunnane Town Planning.
NP.3.    Questionnaire Responses
Cllr Simon Mills provided a document outlining the responses to date.  It was noted many of the comments made referred to Highway issues which would need to be dealt with by the Parish Council and could not be addressed in the Plan, It was noted some of these issues could be put forward for consideration to CATG, however it was noted the PC would be required to provide 25% of the total cost for any projects taken forward.  It was agreed these items should be added to the agenda of the next Parish Council Meeting in May.  Cllr Simon Mills agreed to provide a separate summary of the relevant data for the Plan.  Action Cllr Simon Mills
It was noted although some parishioners had offered to help, they had not been in touch with their details.  It was agreed to ask Cllr Joy Penn if she was able to find any willing volunteers.
NP.4.    Travelling Draft
The Group looked at the current list of headings from Cllr S Mills and Ian Mellor, it was agreed these needed to be consolidated.
Cllr John Clark agreed to write the Introduction, this would include details about the process, what is an NP and why Preshute decided to prepare one etc.  The Clerk agreed to find some wording form other Neighbourhood Plans which may offer guidance.
Ian Mellor agreed to look at Planning Policies.
Cllr Simon Mills agreed to work on the Position Statement and Character Areas.

NP.5.    Cunnane Town Planning
Ian Mellor agreed to talk to Cunnane to see what progress has been made so far.  Action I Mellor
NP.6.    Progress and timescales
The Group agreed they were currently on track with their proposed timescale.  

NP.7.    Terms of Reference
The Clerk agreed to review these and make suggestions for changes at the next meeting.  The points particular to address are the Quorum, need for a Vice Chair, notice required for meetings, Code of Conduct and Membership.  Action Clerk
NP.9.    Public Participation
It was agreed the Public should be actively encouraged to attend and where practical participate.  If the participation become problematic in the future the agenda could be altered to give the public a defined slot for participation.
NP.10.    Agenda items for the next meeting
Terms of Reference
Cunnane update
Stakeholders update
Travelling Draft
Progress and timescales
NP.11.    The next meeting will take place on Tuesday 20th April at 7pm.  

The meeting finished at 8.20 pm.