PRESHUTE PARISH COUNCIL 2019/20
Minutes of the PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on the 21st
January 2020 at 7.30pm at 12 Manton Hollow, Marlborough, SN8 1RR.
Present: Cllr P Morgan (Chair), Cllr H Wroth, Cllr I Wroth,
Cllr J Penn & Cllr J Upton.
In attendance: Mrs S Roberts (Clerk), Unitary Cllr Jane Davies
& Simon Mills.
Declarations of Interest & Dispensations – None
1. Minutes of the previous meeting
• The minutes of the last meeting held
on Monday 20th November 2019 were approved and signed as a true
• Simon Mills was co-opted onto the
Council and signed a declaration of acceptance of office.
(Cllr I Wroth proposed, Cllr J
3. Matters Arising
• Cllr Morgan recently attended a
meeting of the Marlborough Area Poverty Action Group to help
understand how they assist rough sleepers and deprivation,
although financial contributions directly for the rough sleepers
are not recommended they do welcome contributions towards their
general work. It was agreed to make a donation of £50.
• The Clerk has requested quotations for a new
wood lockable noticeboard.
• The bus shelter roof is in need of new
felt and some modifications to prevent excessive water from
entering the shelter at the front, Cllr H Wroth agreed to obtain
quotations. Action H Wroth
• It is proposed to purchase a dog waste bin to
be sited at Gravel Hill car park at the top of Downs Lane.
Cllr P Morgan agreed to contact the owners of Manton House for
permission and to agree a site location. Once this has been
agreed the Clerk will order a bin and arrange for fortnightly
emptying through Idverde. Action P Morgan & Clerk.
4. Standing Orders
• The new Standing Orders were
formally adopted. (Cllr P Morgan proposed, Cllr I Wroth
• The new Financial Regulations were
formally adopted. (Cllr P Morgan proposed, Cllr I Wroth seconded).
• Confirmation was given by the RFO that the
Precept for 2020/21 has been applied for.
• The Clerk confirmed the appointment of Graham
Kitchen as the Internal Auditor for 2019/20.
• The Clerk has recently attended a WALC Audit
Training Course, which she found useful.
• Cllr P Morgan will attend a WALC Neighbourhood
Planning course on 4th February 2020, at a cost of £65.00 plus
• The RFO confirmed she is now receiving the
bank statements and provided an up to date set of accounts.
• The following cheques were approved and
484 S Roberts – November Invoice
485 S Roberts – Clerk’s Salary Dec 2019 –
486 S Roberts – Clerk’s expenses Dec 2019 –
487 MAPAG – Donation agreed
488 P Morgan – postage &
• A request for safety railings on
PRES12 at the junction with Bath Road was considered at the
December 2019 CATG meeting. It is now on the list but as
CATG work on a top 5 priority basis it may take some time before
it is implemented. The Parish Council formally agreed to the
25% cost contribution required.
7. Emergency Response
• The Clerk explained how an Emergency
Response Plan works and asked the Council to give this
consideration. It was agreed some emergency contact numbers
should be added to the website initially.
• A Communities prepared and resilience evening
is taking place on 29th January 2020 at 6.30pm in the Marlborough
Town Hall. Councillor Hugh Wroth agreed to attend.
• An application for change of use at
Elm Tree Park was not seen as controversial and therefore no
objection was raised to the proposal.
• The Clerk provided information on the Website
Accessibility Regulations, Cllr P Morgan agreed to look at these
to check if we are compliant. Action P Morgan
10. Marlborough Area Neighbourhood
Plan & Community Governance Review
• The meeting was closed to the public
for this item due to the need for confidentiality.
• It was agreed Preshute would remain in the
MANP but this could be reviewed again at the next meeting once
further information becomes available.
• The Council agreed to send a formal objection
paper to the MANP ahead of their next Steering Group meeting
outlining Preshute’s objection to the number of houses to be
built. This paper is also to include a specific objection to
the new housing proposed on the area of land known as ‘Barton
Dene’ which falls within the Preshute Parish boundary on a
Greenfield site in the AONB.
Action P Morgan
• The Clerk reminded all Councillors
to attend the Councillor Training session she has organised to be
held on Monday 3rd February at 7pm in the Kennet Valley Hall,
Lockeridge and delivered by Katie Fielding from WALC.
The meeting closed at 9.20pm
This is the last page of the minutes
Next PC Meeting is on Monday 9th March 2020 at 7.40pm at Manton
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -