PRESHUTE PARISH COUNCIL 2019/20
Minutes of the EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
held on the 4th October 2019 at 7.00pm at 12 Manton Hollow,
Marlborough, SN8 1RR.
Present: Cllr P Morgan (Chair), Cllr H Wroth, Cllr I Wroth,
Cllr J Penn & Cllr J Upton.
In attendance: Mrs S Roberts (Acting Clerk)
Declarations of Interest – None
• The Clerk has contacted Community
First and arranged for the renewal of the Insurance.
2. Online Registration of Interests for New
• The Clerk has registered Preshute for a log
in. It was noted that the existing Councillors had already
completed a paper version several years ago. It will be a
requirement for all new Councillors and also for Councillors
re-elected following a Local Council Election to register their
interests using the online system.
3. Bank Update
• The Clerk had prepared a letter to Barclays
requesting the bank statements be now sent to her address.
The letter was signed by Councillors Hue and Ian Wroth who are the
current bank signatories.
• The website is now live. Discussions
took place surrounding which documents would need to be added, the
Clerk agreed to provide a list of the essential ones.
5. Location of future meetings
• It was agreed Manton Village Hall should be
contacted about the possibility of using the Hall for future
Parish Council meetings. Action P Morgan
6. Parish Steward
• Two issues were requested for reporting.
The flooding beyond Clatford crossroads towards the A4 and the
footpath on the A4. Action Clerk
7. Manton Village Hall
• The whole Parish Council agreed unanimously to
support a donation of £5,000 towards the refurbishment work being
carried out at the Manton Village Hall.
8. Rough Sleepers
• The proposal to support a local homeless
person through a local charity was discussed. It was agreed
further details would be provided at the November meeting.
(P Morgan proposed, J Penn seconded)
9. Safety railings at Clatford Crossroads
• The proposal for the new railings at the
bottom of the footpath has now been submitted to CATG – if
successful it will require a 25% donation towards the cost of
implementation from the Parish Council.
10. New Councillors
• The current number of Councillors allocated to
Preshute Parish Council is seven. It was agreed not to
advertise to fill the vacancies by co-option until early next
• The Clerk will seek a quotation for a
replacement lockable notice board for Clatford crossroads.
The meeting was then closed to the public at 8.30 pm to discuss
the confidential item below:
1. Community Governance Review
The meeting closed at 8.45pm
This is the last page of the minutes
Next PC Meeting is on Wednesday 20th November 2019 at
7.00pm at 12 Manton Hollow, SN8 1RR