PRESHUTE PARISH COUNCIL 2019/20
Minutes of the EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
held on the 3rd September 2019 at 7.00pm at 12 Manton Hollow,
Marlborough, SN8 1RR.
Present: Cllr H Wroth, Cllr I Wroth & Cllr J Upton.
Apologies: Cllr J Penn.
In attendance: Mrs S Roberts (Acting Clerk) & Peter
Following the resignation of the Chair Cllr H Wroth opened the
Declarations of Interest – None
• Peter Morgan was co-opted onto the
Council and signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
Proposed by H Wroth, seconded by I Wroth.
• The Council accepted the resignation of Cllr
Harold Sarsfield and thanks were expressed for his years of
service to the Parish Council.
3. Election of Chairman
• Councillor Peter Morgan was elected as the new
Chairman of Preshute Parish Council and signed a Declaration of
Acceptance of Office. Proposed by J Upton, seconded by I
4. Appointment of Acting Clerk & RFO
• The Council unanimously agreed to Sophie
Roberts being appointed as Acting Clerk & RFO at the same
hourly rate she is paid by Fyfield & West Overton Parish
Council. Proposed by H Wroth, seconded by P Morgan.
• The Council noted the Annual Governance
Statement 2018/19 had been completed and approved at the June
Parish Council meeting.
• The Council noted the Accounting Statements
2018/19 had been completed and approved at the June Parish Council
• The RFO announced the commencement date of the
exercise of public rights.
• The Parish Council confirmed it is exempt from
External Audit for 2018/19 and meets the following criteria:
• Total gross income and total gross expenditure
below £25K; and no public interest report/statutory
recommendation/advisory notice/judicial review/application to
court re unlawful item of account issued by its external auditor
in the prior year; and been in existence since before
1/4/14. The Acting Clerk agreed to post out the exemption
certificate. Action A Clerk
• The accounts for 2018/19 were approved.
• Insurance – it was noted the insurance was in need
of renewal, the Acting Clerk agreed to renew this with Community
First as soon as possible. Action A Clerk
• Bank statements – it was agreed a letter would
need to be drawn up to change the address with the bank.
Action A Clerk
• Bus Shelter – this is currently in need of
repairs – Cllr Wroth agreed to obtain a couple of
quotations. Action H Wroth
• Manton Village Hall – discussions had been
previously held about a donation towards the Manton Village Hall –
Cllr Joy Penn to be asked the amount to be considered. Action
• A letter has been received from Wiltshire
Council requesting the reinstatement of an old footpath on behalf
of the Ramblers. It was noted the Parish Council were not
aware of the existence of the footpath as this route to their
knowledge was not in use and there was a footpath close by that
was in regular use. Cllr P Morgan agreed to write to
Wiltshire Council and request further details.
Action P Morgan
• The Acting Clerk agreed to ask Wiltshire
Council for an up to date map of the Parish footpaths and also of
the Parish. Action A Clerk
The meeting closed at 9pm
is the last page of the minutes
Next PC Meeting is on Wednesday 20th November 2019 at 7.00pm at
12 Manton Hollow, SN8 1RR