PRESHUTE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on the 2nd June 2020 at
7.30 pm remotely through Zoom.
Present: Cllr P Morgan (Chair), Cllr S Mills & Cllr J
Apologies: Cllr H Wroth & Cllr I Wroth.
In attendance: Mrs S Roberts (Clerk), Unitary Cllr J Davies
& Philippa Pearson.
Please note – No members of the public or press requested access
to the meeting.
Declarations of Interest & Dispensations – None
1. Minutes of
the previous meeting
• The minutes of the last meeting held on
Monday 9th March 2020 were approved and will be signed at the
next available meeting whereby councillors attend in person as a
true record. (Cllr P Morgan proposed, Cllr J Penn
2. Approval of Preshute Protocol for Remote
• The Protocol document was formally
approved. (Cllr S Mills proposed, Cllr J Penn seconded)
• Philippa Pearson from Barton Park introduced
herself. Philippa was co-opted onto the Parish
Council. (Cllr S Mills proposed, Cllr J Penn
seconded). It was noted the Declaration of Acceptance of
Office would be signed at the next available meeting whereby
councillors attend in person.
4. Public questions on items of business
included in the agenda.
• There were no members of the public or press
5. Covid 19 Support & Emergency Action
• The Council agreed to formally adopt the
Preshute Parish Council Covid 19 Emergency Action Plan as a
‘Working Draft’. (Cllr S Mills proposed, Cllr J Penn
seconded). It was noted under disposal of household waste
local farmers no longer have incinerators but the Wroth brothers
have kindly agreed should there be an issue they would be happy
to provide a place to store excess household waste prior to
collection by the contractors appointed by Wiltshire
Council. It was noted the local Community PCSO is Mark
6. Annual Meeting & further meetings
• It was noted the new legislation in place up
to May 2021 removes the requirement for Parish Councils to hold
an Annual Meeting in May, the Council can choose to hold it in
an alternative month if desired or not at all. The Council
discussed the implications of not holding an Annual Meeting and
decided it would be desirable to hold one in a couple of months
time once Covid19 restrictions were eased. It was agreed
to provisionally book a date for July 28th for the next meeting
but if a meeting was deemed necessary earlier one could be
called. Once restrictions have been lifted it was agreed
the Council would revert back to the original dates booked at
the Manton Village Hall.
• AGAR – The new timescale for approving the
AGAR has now been published and provided the accounts can be
internally audited soon this can be approved at the proposed
• Bank Account – The bank balance at 1st May
• The Precept of £4021.00 has been received
from Wiltshire Council.
• The following cheques were retrospectively
approved having been signed the previous week by Cllr P Morgan
& Cllr J Penn:
100521 D Pittams – Bus
100522 Clerk Salary
100523 Clerk expenses
100524 WALC – annual
membership subscription 2020/21
100525 SLCC – Clerk’s
Training courses x 2
100526 P Morgan – postage
& envelopes COVID 19 mailing £67.50
• Following a request from Wiltshire Council
for submissions of proposed Highway measures to support safer
cycling and walking Preshute Parish Council has requested the
footpath on the A4 from Fyfield to Clatford to be cleared of
vegetation and a dedicated cycle lane be provided on the A4 from
Beckhampton to Marlborough. It was noted Fyfield &
West Overton Parish Council has also requested their section of
the same footpath clearing and also for a cycle route on the A4.
• It was noted the Manton Residents
Association are in support of and had also previously requested
a cycle route on the A4 from Manton to Marlborough.
• Cllr S Mills raised the issue of large
groups of motorcycles – it was agreed this was something to be
possibly discussed by CATG.
9. Rights of Way
• A complaint had been received regarding the
lack of signage for PRES27 at Rockley. Stephen Leonard at
Wiltshire Council has agreed to contact the owners of the Martyn
Meade Stables to request the signage be reinstated.
• Cllr S Mills has kindly agreed to look at
the other Rights of way within the Parish to identify which ones
require signage and any, which are currently not passable.
Action Cllr S Mills
• It was noted a lot of work has been carried
out at the Martyn Meade Racing Stables, Manton Park SN8
4HB. The Clerk has agreed to investigate previous planning
applications on this site. Action Clerk
• MANP – All Councillors present formally
approved the submission of comments made to the MANP in respect
of the draft AECOM report.
• The next MANP meeting was due to take place
last Thursday but has been postponed with no further date yet
• Cllr Jane Davies provided positive feedback
in respect of our objection to the housing proposals and
comments on the AECOM report.
• Cllr Peter Morgan has studied the Website
Accessibility Regulations and where possible updated the website
to make it as compliant as possible. He has also added an
Accessibilty Statement. The Council thanked Peter and his
wife for all their hard work on this project.
The meeting closed at 8.30pm.
This is the last page of the minutes.
The next meeting is provisionally arranged for Tuesday 28th July
2020 at 7.30 pm
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -